Friday, November 29, 2013

281 ThereThere

Use a flat 0° pen angle for the round and straight strokes, and a 45°.  
ThereThere is a type style that is meant to make what you read feel calm, clean, and healthy.  This is a pen draft of alphabet that grew out of the first weekend I spent learning how to design digital type.  The pen and ink characters above are a reinterpretation of the type I'm working on.  

I only have a dozen or so letters finished, since you shouldn't derive the rest of the alphabet if you haven't get those core forms right.  And I don't know yet how I'm going to handle those diagonal letters, whether to round off more of them or leave them with sharp corners. The workshop leader optimistically said it should only take a few months to learn what I am doing.  
Preview of tomorrow's alphabet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment