Monday, July 2, 2012

A friend sent me this link; it's from last year but things don't change so fast over here in the land of ink on paper. 
It's from Prof Karl Moore, who has a lot to say about how we run our work lives:

"If you really want to move people, send them a personal letter or card, in your own hand writing. According to Brian Fetherstonhaugh, it now carries immense distinctiveness and  weight as a way to say emotional things like congratulations, condolences, and “I’m sorry”. It will blow people away, believe me.

I ran this by a bunch of senior executives.  Their reaction?  “Brilliant, you nailed it!”, etc."


See the whole interview at  http://www.forbes.com/sites/karlmoore/2011/09/27/young-people-stop-just-texting-me-and-give-me-a-call-once-in-a-while-plz/2/ 

And think about picking up a pen the next time you need to get someone's attention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment