Saturday, April 20, 2013

92 Robot

I based this alphabet, Robot, on a few letters from a logo design I saw in Italy years ago. For some reason, the joins are overlapped at most corners but not at the upper and lower left of B D P and R, where the strokes just touch.   

I'm still working on this alphabet.  If you've got better solutions to some of the proportions and strokes, let me know.  

You'll probably be happier if you limit this to a few words at a time.  And--trust me--give yourself a lightly pencilled center guideline to make all those mid-strokes line up. Don't try to write this with a narrower pen, or one much wider. You might like to write Robot letters using steely ink tone, or in black ink on gray paper.  

It never ceases to amaze me how many kinds of alphabet styles you can create with a calligraphy pen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment